Sunday, October 23, 2011

Leading by example

“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” -John C. Maxwell

This quote is one that describes my leadership style quite well because I do my best to lead by example whenever possible. People are oftentimes not receptive to receiving overwhelming instructions and I think leaders lose their validity when they are simply giving instructions and not completing the tasks themselves as well. Another way of explaining my leadership style that goes nicely with Maxwell's quote is, "You must be the change you want to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi" I believe in order to be a great leader one must be passionate about the topic and go above and beyond however possible so that the followers will be more inclined to listen and respect their leader. My leadership style is to lead by example.
In other news, our Ravenwood project is going swimmingly! I enjoyed myself very much when we volunteered by painting pumpkins with the residents next Saturday. We had another Drury student join us as well, which is exciting since part of our mission is to recruit more Drury volunteers. I loved socializing with the residents and am looking forward to our future visits and building relationships with these phenomenal ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment