Monday, October 3, 2011

Where it all started...

Hello all! Everything has been going swimmingly in the Ravenwood Assisted living Summit group. I am so excited that our dream has become a reality. The application process was quite a feat and now we are here to help Ravenwood!

I chose to live in Summit because I wanted to be a more active community volunteer and attempt to have a positive impact on people’s lives. I thought it was such a neat opportunity that I jumped at the chance to be a part of it. I enjoyed the thought of being committed to an organization for an entire year so that you could form relationships with those that you are volunteering with. Summit was also appealing because the budget provided to us allows us to go a lot farther in helping Ravenwood than what would have been possible without these funds.

I am so excited to volunteer at Ravenwood! Our on campus event with the viewing of Andrew Jenks, Room 335 was such a smashing success and got everyone pumped to volunteer with us. The documentary gave a look into what we may encounter while working at Ravenwood and what we can look forward to. It was awesome to see so many potential Drury volunteers with us curious about our plans for Ravenwood. It’s going to be a great year getting to know the residents, and I can hardly wait!


--Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment