Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our last class period, we learned about our communication styles, what our strengths and weaknesses are, and how those can affect others. We took a fun quiz that classified us into different animals - I'm a fox, apparently. I like to compromise if possible in conflict situations, although if something is very important to me I might refuse to compromise. I definitely see how this is true in my life. I mostly want to make everyone happy with the outcome to a situation, but if something is important enough to me, I will stick to my guns, so to speak. I think a way I could improve my conflict skills is to step back from situations where I feel I cannot budge my opinion, and evaluate what it is about my solution to the conflict that seems so vital to me, and how that could be approached in a different way, or if it really is not a good reason and I need to reevaluate my priorities. I do think my willingness to compromise in most situations is a strength, as is my ability to see things from other's perspectives. While I don't avoid conflict at all costs, it does at times make me very uncomfortable and I think it would be good for me to gain more confidence in addressing issues with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment