Sunday, November 13, 2011

Goals

One of my main goals for this service project is to form a relationship with the residents of Ravenwood. The past few times that we have gone to Ravenwood, a resident will mention how they were expecting one of their family members who didn't show up. This is really upsetting to me because nobody should feel like they are forgotten about or a burden, especially not to their own families. This is why I want to form a relationship with as many residents as possible. I want them to look forward to us coming and get excited about an event that we have planned. Hopefully we will have a fun activity for them to do while they have someone to talk to and more importantly someone who will listen to them.

For a quick update, Brittany and Candace went out to Ravenwood today to volunteer. Sadly, I couldn't go with them. However, I'm definitely going to Ravenwood next Sunday with a few other volunteers to perform a magic show for the residents. I'm a little nervous about this and I'm really hoping everything goes as planned and that they enjoy it! I'm also potentially going either next Thursday or next Saturday. So, I'm really excited about being able to volunteer this week and bringing new volunteers with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment